First Australian Christmas

It was Christmas Eve, but it really didn't seem like it, warm, sunny, we were in shorts and t-shirts, it just wasn't right! Still we were gonna have a good time, I'd got my Christmas sock stuffed with pressies (that's not a euphamism, the Tudorlies had sent me a Christmas sock and some pressies to put in it!), we were packed and ready to go when Nads arrived after finishing work in the arvo.

I drove up to James & Nads house, the first time I had driven over the Harbour Bridge, which was cool, and we stopped at a drive-thru bottle-o to pick up some beer and wine.

James had been shopping that morning for food for Christmas Day, he could have opened a butchers and fishmongers with the amount of stuff he had got, we were definitely gonna be 'chucking another shrimp on the barbie' in the morning :)

Christmas morning was warm, but overcast, but that didn't matter. The presents were under the tree (not exactly a Christmas tree, but it was a fine stand-in) and Santa had been and emptied his sack...

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="The Christmas tree at Chez Scott-Dixon"][/caption]

Oh, the geetar is mine, I have bought Rock Band for the PS3 and now have a guitar, drum kit, and mic, to start my band with.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Me and my sock"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="James and his new remote controlled plane"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Fish and his pressies"]Fish and his pressies[/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Present opening"][/caption]

After a present opening frenzy we got the car packed with the bbq stuff and headed out towards the beach. The plan was to have a bbq 'next to' the beach up at Mona Vale, as they have public bbq facilities there, however, when we got there the public bbq had been commandeered by a large family, who looked like they had no intention of moving or letting anyone else get a go on the burners, so we had to turn to Plan B. Which was, try every open servo on Pittwater Road to see if they had any disposable bbqs that we could take to Warriewood beach. We finally ended up executing Plan C, back to James & Nads, bbq in their back garden and then walk up to Warriewood beach in the arvo. This turned out to be a good plan, as it didn't involve leaving a car and other stuff in a carpark overnight, and it made things easier in the long run.

So we bbq'd shrimps for Christmas dinner, and they were fantastic. (And by 'we', I of course mean James :)

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Bubbly on Christmas Day"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Chucking another shrimp on the bbq, episode 2"][/caption]

The weather picked up a bit in the arvo, the sun came out and we had a walk up the hill to the beach, which, for some reason, didn't seem as torturous as the last time I did it... strange, i guess it could have been the beer.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Christmas Day on the beach... ace!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Fish and his christmas cracker hat"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="425" caption="Fish where he belongs... in the sea"][/caption]

So all in all, a great day, and I for one really enjoyed my first Aussie Christmas.

Comments are closed